Asset Management Salary Guide for Hong Kong & Singapore 2022
The Danos Group publishes its latest “Asset Management Salary Guide for Hong Kong & Singapore 2022”. This report outlines salaries for “Traditional Asset Managers” and “Hedge Fund & Private Equity” roles. It also includes key market insights including:
- Whilst the salary brackets have not changed drastically in the last year, we have seen salary increments increasing for those changing roles and consequently more candidates finding themselves at the top of the relevant bracket.
- 2021 was a much busier year for hiring, driven by a combination of replacement hires, team expansions and new business set ups. The demand for experienced compliance officers with strong regulatory or investment advisory experience has continued in 2022 and shows no signs of slowing.
- With the strengthening of standards and reporting requirements for Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) coming into effect in Hong Kong and Singapore, firms are reviewing their approach to managing ESG regulatory requirements and identifying if they need to add additional headcount to ensure compliance.
- Whilst there has been plenty of hiring activity in both Hong Kong and Singapore, the desire to recruit Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents in the Singapore market has led to increased competition and consequently the largest salary increments.
- The ongoing Covid pandemic has slowed the international flow of talent with a decrease in candidates relocating over the last 18 months, but as borders in the Asia Pacific region start to open, many firms will be interested to see profiles from overseas in candidate short areas.
For your free copy of the report, or to discuss the current market, please contact one of our regional team members:
Mark Moorby | Lead Partner, Head of Asia Pacific
T: +(852) 2870 3007 | E: email@example.com
Adnan Abu Bakr Maddix | Partner, Head of Singapore
T: +(65) 6950 4505 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serene Tan | Associate Partner, Singapore Head of Compliance
T: +65 6950 4501 | E: email@example.com
Michelle Yau | Senior Associate
T: +(852) 2870 3117 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Buyong-Virágvölgyi | Associate, Compliance
T: +(65) 6950 4507 | E: email@example.com