The Danos Group DE&I Committee and wider business have been incredibly active this year in supporting and educating our internal staff and external community on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). We realise that we have the power as a recruitment company to positively influence the inflow of under-represented groups into the sectors we service, thereby helping to advance the DE&I agenda.
Our objective is to represent the under-represented both internally, as well as on Search, Contingency, or Consulting projects for our clients, and to educate the wider market on DE&I initiatives and hiring. Outlined are some of our 2022 deliverables:
EXTERNAL EDUCATION INITIATIVES:
- Promote diverse career leaders through our “Pathway To Success” video series that highlights career pathways – In 2022 we published 9 videos, 67% from minority groups – generating over 30,000 impressions, 15,000 views.
- Partnered with industry associations to deliver key speakers on DE&I – APPC (Association of Professional Compliance Consultants), London Governance & Compliance Academy (LGCA), and CATS (Compliance & Training Solutions Ltd).
- In October 2022 to coincide with Black History Month we hosted our second DE&I webinar “How to attract, promote & retain diverse talent within financial & professional services”, and we hosted a “Women in Crypto” round table – with a combined attendance of over 100.
- During 2022 we have executed over 25 social media campaigns that promoted our global support of DE&I.
INTERNAL DE&I LED CULTURE:
- Diverse internal Danos Group hiring strategy, resulting in 53% staff being female, 29% from African / Asia culture, and 60% of senior positions held by minority groups.
- Over the last year our staff and community have fundraised for 5 key charities – London Legal Walk, Leadership Through Sports & Business, Movember, Save The Children, and Doverhouse Community Football Club.
- We fund a bursary to enable a gifted deaf young footballer to attend the England FA Training Camps.
- Active internal Global DE&I Committee. Its mandate is to promote a culture of DE&I across our global offices through monthly education pieces covering: Mental Health, LGBTG, Disability and Black History Month.
- 6 internal events that promote awareness of Pride and Wellbeing, as well as supporting our Women through quarterly lunch activities e.g. lunch, picnic, meditation & yoga, and CBT sessions; providing an additional support network and touchpoints with female co-workers.
- This year we were industry award finalists for the Recruiter Awards, APSCo (Association Of Professional Staffing Companies) Awards for Excellence, and the British Recruiter Awards, all these entries focused on our DE&I strategy and deliverables; we won the British Recruitment Award for “Financial Services Recruitment Agency of the Year (2022)”.
Firms with greater diversity are more likely to experience above-average profitability. Our approach to DE&I, has without doubt influenced the market and contributes to our exceptional business performance. Thank you to the Danos Group DE&I Committee, all our staff, and those leaders and experts that have supported our 2022 DE&I initiatives.
If you would like to discuss how we can support your DE&I hiring strategies, please feel free to contact us:
Isabel Anchebe, Associate Director, Head of Compliance, Europe, & Co-Head of DE&I, Danos Associates. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maame Eshun, Associate Director, Head of Legal, Financial Services, & Co-Head of DE&I, Danos Associates. E: email@example.com