EMEA , Compliance
- Natalie Bayliss has left GAM after only 3 months in her role as Chief Compliance Officer.
- Sara Cunningham has joined Polygon Global Partners as Head of European Regulatory and Compliance.
- Marco Zwick has joined the Luxembourg regulator, CSSF as Director.
- Stephan Wilken has moved internally at Deutsche Bank to become Head of Financial Crime and Group Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
EMEA , Legal – Private Practice
- White & Case have been hiring extensively across multiple practice areas with the additions of private equity partner Emmie Jones from Macfarlanes, disputes partners David Robertson and Steven Baker from BCLP and Cadwalader respectively, as well as capital markets partner Gilles Teerlinck from Kirkland & Ellis.
- Mayer Brown have boosted their Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice with the hires of partners Sam Eastwood and Jason Hungerford, both specialising in white collar, investigations and sanctions.
- Latham & Watkins has expanded their restructuring capability with Sidley Austin restructuring duo Yen Sum and Jennifer Brennan as well as adding two more magic circle partners to the London office with the hire of infrastructure partner Conrad Andersen from A&O and infrastructure M&A head Brendan Moylan from Clifford Chance.
- Taylor Wessing have grown their construction disputes team with the hire of partner Jonathan Hutt from RPC.
- Vinson & Elkins have hired capital markets partner Noel Hughes from Sidley Austin. He will sit in the leveraged finance team focused on international capital markets and cross-border leveraged finance. In addition, Sidley Austin have also recently lost Matthew Dening, former managing partner of London and co-head of the global finance team, to Baker McKenzie where he was previously.
- Fried Frank have hired Ashar Qureshi from Freshfields to head up its EMEA transactions practice.
- Ashurst have enticed back derivatives partner Christopher Georgiou from Fieldfisher who was hired to lead its alternative legal services arm Condor.
- Baker Botts has brought in David Ramm a corporate partner from Morgan Lewis & Bockius, not long after corporate partners, Mark Geday, Nicholas Moore and Tomasz Wozniak joined Morgan Lewis from Herbert Smith Freehills.
- Sullivan & Cromwell have made a rare lateral hire with M&A partner Jeremy Kutner from Shearman & Sterling where he headed the TMT group.
- MoFo have recruited Bonoit Lavigne from Ropes & Gray into its leveraged finance team. Benoit is the latest partner to leave the firm after a string of partner exits this year across multiple practice areas.
EMEA , Legal – In-House
Corporate / Investment Banking
- Greg McEneny – General Counsel at Lloyds Corporate Bank.
Greg was promoted from his position as a Deputy General Counsel for the Commercial Banking arm
- Edward Bibko – Acting General Counsel for EMEA and Asia, at Jefferies Investment Bank
Edward was previously The Head of Capital Markets at Baker and Mckenzie
- Claire Montgomery – European General Counsel at Credit Suisse
Claire was previously at Jefferies Investment Bank where she was General Counsel
- John Farry – Co-General Counsel, Corporate Investment Banking at Deutsche Bank
John was promoted from his position as the Global Head of CF/GCM and Global Transaction Banking
- Susan Revell – Deputy Chair and General Counsel EMEA at BNY Mellon
Susan has maintained her position to General Counsel and has been newly appointed as Deputy Chair of EMEA
- Amelia Gibbons – Former MD, Head of Global Finance Group EMEA, Credit Suisse AG
Amelia has recently left Credit Suisse although her recent post is unknown
- Steven Bartlett – General Counsel, Citi
Steven has been promoted from his previous MD position at Citi
- Jonathan Asher – Head of Global Markets Legal at Citi
Jonathan was promoted from his position as Head of Equity Derivatives Legal
- David Reynolds – Head of Global Markets London Legal and Global Coordinator for FICC, Legal, BNP Paribas
David has recently been promoted from Head of Derivatives Legal into this position
Investment / Wealth Management
- Lodewijk van Setten – Former Chief Operating Officer, previously General Counsel of Morgan Stanley Investment Management joins KPMG as a Senior Brexit Adviser
- Phil Coffer – General Counsel, Aviva Investors
Phil has recently been promoted to the position of General Counsel
- Margo Jensen, SVP, Head of EMEA Legal – State Street Global Advisors
Margo has been promoted from MD to SVP at State Street
- Parisha Kanani – Group General Counsel, Company Secretary and Head of Company Secretariat at Octopus Investments
Parisha joins from First State Investments
- Rachel Wheeler – Group General Counsel at GAM (Zurich)
Rachel joins from Aviva Investors in London
- Oliver Heiland – European Head of Alternatives Investments Legal (Frankfurt) at Allianz Global Investors EMEA
Oliver has recently been promoted from his position as Director Legal and Compliance
- Ehsan Haque, General Counsel at LendingBlock
Former Head of Equities Legal at Nomura joins blockchain technology based FinTech, Lendingblock
- Leigh Murrin, – Head of Legal EMEA at Paypal (Luxembourg)
Leigh, previously at GE Capital where she was the Chief Legal Operations Counsel joins PayPal.