Danos Associates publishes its latest “Financial Crime Compliance UK Salary Report 2023”. This report outlines salaries for Financial Crime Compliance roles within UK Financial Services, and includes key market insights including:
- Financial Crime hiring continues to be busy across all areas of Financial Crime Compliance (FCC).
- The demand for Sanctions specialists has increased due to the war between Russia and Ukraine.
- In 2022 we saw a significant rise in attrition rates across all role levels. A high proportion of these individuals moved to FinTechs, Cryptocurrency, and the Buyside rather than similar firms. As a result, we saw a significant growth in counter offers, and salary increases nudging close to 30% to 50% as firms compete for the best talent.
- The senior end of the market remains buoyant with firms looking to increase the numbers of senior Executive Directors (ED) and Managing Directors (MD) within all areas of Financial Crime.
- A number of firms are investing heavily in Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence to upgrade and “future-proof” their Anti-Money Laundering (AML) systems.
- The junior to mid-level market continues to be very competitive with many candidates in multiple recruitment processes, as well as a shortage of talent in some areas – this is creating a candidate driven market.
Request your free report with all the market insights and compensation levels, please contact our Financial Crime Compliance UK hiring experts:
Denis Spearman l Managing Director, Head of Compliance & Financial Crime, EMEA
+44 (0) 207 371 8332
Edward Wacher l Director, Head of Buy-Side Compliance
+44 (0) 203 889 5756
Claire Singer l Senior Consultant, Compliance
+44 (0) 203 889 5739