Back to News

Hong Kong National’s Relocating To The UK For Compliance Roles

We are seeing increased interest in Hong Kong national’s relocating to the UK for Compliance roles. If you are from Hong Kong and are a British National Overseas (BNO), you and your family members can apply for a BNO visa, allowing you to live in the UK for a period of 2 to 5 years with the ability to extend.

The UK Telegraph recently reported on the increase of Hong Kong families moving to the UK, and Mark Moorby, Head of Asia Pacific at Danos Associates was quoted regarding local hiring trends.

“The BNO scheme has transformed the Hong Kong hiring market. Normally we would be placing candidates into positions in Hong Kong, but now candidates from there are taking an interest in opportunities in London and the wider UK.”

If you are considering relocating and have existing Compliance, Risk or Legal experience then we can help advise you on the UK market and the best opportunities. Alternately if you are staying in Hong Kong and would like to take advantage of the openings brought about by local staff turnover, please contact us to discuss – the demand for high calibre talent has not been this high in Hong Kong for many years.

Danos Associates has offices in Hong Kong, London, Singapore, and New York. Our regional teams work together to support clients with hiring the best talent from local markets and oversees, and assisting those candidates who want to secure a new role in their homeland or further afield.

With our extensive network, deep understanding of global markets, and experience, it positions us perfectly to efficiently source the best individuals for your organisation.

If you would like to discuss your hiring strategy or the current market, please contact:

Mark Moorby | Lead Partner, Head of Asia Pacific
Tel: +(852) 2870 3007 | Email:

Denis Spearman | Head of Compliance & FCC Practice, EMEA
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7371 8332 | Email:

UK Telegraph Article:

Mark Moorby

Managing Director, Head of Risk (EMEA)

View Profile