The ongoing fight against financial crime is more crucial than ever, given the fast-paced changes in today’s business landscape. Results from a recent Kroll survey highlight that many companies expect an increase in financial crime risks over the next year, expressing concerns about governments keeping up with technological changes and the surge in criminal activities. In response, more than two-thirds of respondents are prioritising their own technology investments.
Key findings from the Kroll report include:
- Rising Financial Crime Risks: The survey indicates that 69% of global executives foresee an uptick in financial crime risks, mainly due to cybersecurity threats and data breaches.
- Focus on Technology Investments: Organisations are emphasising technology investments to counter financial crime, with over two-thirds planning to strengthen their technology infrastructure.
- Sanctions Compliance Challenges: Multinational corporations face challenges in sanctions compliance, with 44% identifying geographic consistency as a major hurdle.
- Integration of AML and ABC Functions: Recognising the need for efficiency, there is a push towards integrating Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) functions.
- Anticipation of Increased Government Measures: Expectations for heightened enforcement actions are increasing globally.
- Emphasis on ESG and Transparency: Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) standards and transparency are increasingly crucial in the evolving landscape of financial crime.
To address some of these challenges, firms are strategically increasing technology investments and hiring specialists in cybersecurity, data analysis, and emerging technologies. The Danos Group has already assisted a number of firms with the implementation of their technology investments through our consulting and interim services. We have also provided permanent hiring solutions to meet the growing demand for Data Analytics professionals in Financial Crime across all levels.
The Danos Group is a reliable partner and an expert in financial crime recruitment, ready to assist clients in navigating this intricate landscape. We excel in identifying and recruiting professionals in compliance, risk management, cybersecurity, data analysis, and sanctions compliance. With dedicated Compliance, Financial Crime, and Risk practices, our consultants are market experts, offering mid to senior search solutions and providing skilled interim professionals to address critical resource and skills gaps, effectively supporting project implementations.
If you would like to find out more, contact Claire Singer to discuss your requirements:
Claire Singer, Senior Consultant, Compliance, Danos Group
T: +44 (0) 20 3889 5739 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
#financialcrimehiring #financialcrimetalent #compliancehiring #compliancetalent