Ever increasing regulation and regulatory change continues to drive hiring across all disciplines of Risk. However, we are currently experiencing unprecedented times with the current global outbreak of the Covid-19 virus. This publication highlights some of the key market changes for the Dutch Risk Market within Financial Services and provides current compensation information that is beneficial to both clients and candidates, as decision makers figure out hiring strategies for the coming months, and candidates plan their next career move.
Model Risk Roles within Dutch Retail Banking
|Function Head (12+ years’ experience)||€135,000 +|
|Team Lead (8+ years’ experience)||€105,000 to €120,000|
|Senior Expert (8+ years’ experience)||€90,000 to €110,000|
|Senior Analyst (5 to 8 years’ experience)||€65,000 to €90,000|
*Figures are inclusive of 13th month and holiday pay.
*Candidates relocating can expert an additional relocation support package added to the total compensation.
- The effects of the Covid-19 outbreak have been far reaching across Global economies and has brought into focus the robustness of existing Business Continuity Plans within Financial Institutions.
- Measures by the Regulators such as the deferral of Basel III implementation, mean that institutions are better able to respond to the impact of Covid-19 by ensuring that the banking system remains resilient.
- With the revised regulatory deadlines firmly in sight, there remains an appetite to hire strong technical talent albeit at a slower pace than seen in the past two years.
- In line with current travel restrictions, top of the agenda for Function Heads is the efficient remote onboarding of talent due to be relocating from other countries.
- The market remains very competitive with the top three banks standing out for their ability to attract international talent.
- Alongside the competitive compensation levels, the benefit of the 30% tax ruling means that the market remains attractive for internationally mobile candidates wanting to experience life in a different country.
As a headhunting firm that specialises in Risk personnel within the Financial Services industry, we have a global network of professionals and are well-placed to find the best talent.
We have successfully adapted our methods to support virtual recruitment, and we are guiding both clients and candidates effectively through the hiring process. We can also advise and support on hiring strategies, career moves, and general market intelligence on the trends that we are seeing during this time.
If you would like to discuss you permanent or interim hiring, or would like our support or advice, please do get in touch.