Here are some of the latest Compliance hiring trends across the UK International Investment Banking Groups:
- 2022 was a record year for hiring in the UK across both Buy and Sell Side. With most of the major Financial Services organisation recruiting at all levels up to and including Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) level.
- Continuing to see firms looking to relocate senior level compliance talent in the UK to other growth financial centres in Europe, with a particular emphasis on hiring in Switzerland, Dublin, Luxemburg, and the Nordics.
- Base salaries continue to rise across all levels, with noticeable increases at Executive Director and Managing Director level.
- An increase in senior level global attrition rates within Compliance and Financial Crime at the larger International Banks. A high proportion of these individuals have moved to Buy Side, Cryptocurrency, and FinTech businesses, rather than joining similar institutions.
- Attrition rates continue to be high with some firms reporting levels reaching post credit-crunch levels of almost 20%.
- Overall Asset Management salaries have seen an increase in the 10 to 15 percent range, and we continue to see a growing variation between fixed and variable compensations between firms.
For more information on current salary levels please contact:
Denis Spearman l Managing Director, Head of Compliance & Financial Crime, EMEA
+44 (0) 207 371 8332 l email@example.com
Ed Wacher l Director, Head of Buy-Side Compliance
+44 (0) 203 889 5756 l firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Singer l Senior Consultant, Compliance
+44 (0) 203 889 5739 l email@example.com
Our team is always on hand to provide advice on Compliance hiring.