Senior Sanctions Officer
22nd December 2022
Senior Sanctions Officer - £400 - £450 per day
Hybrid 2 days remote
London Financial Crime
Our client, a leading Investment Bank, is looking for an experienced Sanctions Officer to join the team on an initial 6 months contract. You will play an integral role in providing technical sanctions advice, drafting and implementing policies and standards and using Sanction Screening systems to process alert escalations.Apply Now
- Providing technical Sanctions & Embargo advice to queries escalated from our live payments teams.
- Draft, review and approve Sanctions Policy document.
- Providing support on queries relating to payment transparency and wire transfer regulations and UK guidance.
- Processing client sanctions screening alert escalations using Fircosoft.
- Provide timely and consistent sanctions and Due Diligence advice to key stakeholders regarding potential transactions.
- Conduct risk assessments on proposed transactions.
- Review sanction alerts identified during KYC onboarding and periodical review.
- Proven experience in and understanding of Sanctions.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in banking.
- Experience of using Fircosoft and processing sanctions payments alerts or similar sanctions screening and filtering systems.
- Strong working knowledge of UK, EU and US sanctions.
- A good understanding of Banking and Investment products.
- Good understanding of financial crime risk and control (AML and ABC) in banking.
- Ability to read and interpret swift messages.
- Self-starter with relevant sanctions and payments experience who requires minimal supervision.
- Strong financial sanctions knowledge in particular OFAC, EU and UK regulations.
Please contact Lascelles Reid-Barlow at email@example.com for further information.